For family home evening we did a flannel board story, then we made bananna slushies out of a recipie book my mom gave me that was hers from 1978...yes the year I was born. The kids had a great time blending up the ingredients. We added a few touches to the recipie because we can't not play with a recipie! 


Bananna Slushies place in blender:
1 bananna
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 TBL Honey
2TBL peanut butter
7 ice cubes
blend and serve!


mmmmmmm.......good!



3 comments:
What you failed to mention was that you tortured Bug to get his cute messy face featured on camera. Quite adorable, I might add, but the poor kid wasn't too pleased about the situation. Thanks so much for the yummy slushies! We will have to recreate the recipe at home--the peanut butter was a lovely touch!
So cute!! I have seen you torture him for a pic!! I can only imagine what happened with the slushie. I have added peanut butter to a sluchie once and I didnt like it. How was yours?
The original recipie had no PB and it was a healthy bland taste the kids liked that one better though...adding the PB on this recipie worked well and tasted great. If I were to make it with out the PB I would double the honey. an option is to freese the bananna's......
Post a Comment