Thursday, October 16, 2008

FALL HIKE

Road Trip!! For a school lesson we went on a road trip with our friends to find fall weather. It wasn't weather like Oregon's fall, but it was a fun time and the kids learned a lot about nature. I was kinda surprised there was no color in the leaves at all. Max has always loved road trips- Spencer-well, he is better than he use to be in the car :)

We had story time, hikes, collected leaves and sticks, played in a creek, had a picnic. It was a busy and fun day!!
There was a woodpecker hole in a tree that fascinated the kids.









This was the first hike of the day. It was a mile hike up to see Indian ruins. When I asked Spencer if he had fun he said "yes, I fall down!" If he wasn't trying to run off the mountain he was falling. Max said he could see the whole world from up there. I love Oregon's green scenery, but have come to love the Desert scenery-minus the snakes...

4 comments:

Emily said...

Who is the little boy in overalls? Looks fun!

ky said...

The place you went looks really nice. I can't believe how busy you are every day!

The Fish Family said...

The little boy in overalls is Andrew, he is the little boy I babysit.

I like to be busy! It's fun to take the boys out and about. I have never been much of a home body :)

Jord said...

What a fun trip. Where did you go? I totally understand the need to see/feel some fall weather and am glad you enjoyed nature.