Saturday, October 4, 2008

Burnt offerings...

Whenever I bake or cook, if it so happens to burn-no worries because Elbert will always eat it, he never wastes food. I can thank the military for preparing Elbert to eat what ever a wife makes or attempts to make :)
So being conference weekend I thought a great day for waffles! When the first one was done I put it on a plate and said perfect! Max replied, the waffle is perfect? When I said yes, He replied Oh no you have to burn one for Dad! Elbert had to explain burn is really not his preference...so funny because I didn't think Elbert had to eat burned food that often!! But for some reason Max thinks that is how Elbert likes his food :) Maybe I do burn more than I would like to admit???

So I am happy I made it through a batch of batter with not a one burnt...I always burn the first one or forget about one sitting in there at some point!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I ALWAYS burn the first pancake or waffle. I don't know what it is. It's like I have to in order to get the rest right! Same with grilled cheese.

ky said...

That is so funny! It has gotten to the point now where Wayne won't even let me cook! ha ha!

The Fish Family said...

grill cheese is probably the hardest one to NOT burn!

So does wayne cook? Or do you just eat cold cereal a lot?? thats so funny!

ky said...

Grilled cheese isn't easy to burn? :) I guess you haven't eaten one of mine. ha ha! Well, Wayne does most of the cooking. He cooks like a chef! I always tell him that I need to practice cooking if he wants me to get better but he tells me he doesn't want me wasting food!

The Fish Family said...

Oh I wrote it wrong. Grill cheese is the hardest to not -not burn... whatever its the hardest to make :) ha ha ha! So you waste that much food!!

ky said...

I don't think it ever tastes "that" bad... Usually it's a little tough (meat or chicken) and I don't have the seasoning down quite right. I probably should follow recipes rather than trying to come up with stuff off the top of my head. :) I usually "Try" to cook basic stuff like fish, steak, or chicken with broccoli and baked potato or mashed potatoes... The meat is the hardest part for me!

Andelin said...

The best Mickey Mouse pancakes ever! Good job!