Friday, November 28, 2008

The drama setting up the christmas tree...how many people and tools does it take to get a tree to stand straight???

Well in the fish house it takes three adults, a kitchen knife, drill, and a skill saw!! No joke! Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment. The tree was so thick it wouldn't fit in the stand...Elbert and Chris were going to lean the tree in the corner-BUT there was no way I was going to let that happen! The only thing I know how to use was the kitchen knife-Miracle blade said it can cut anything...

Next Elbert had the idea of the skill saw to take off a branch...I needed a rest from cutting and hacking the tree with the knife...the skill saw worked :)Then as I started to use the knife again Elbert had a great idea to use the drill...at this point the little boys were rolling around on the floor wondering if the tree would ever be up. Max said I am still cheering for you mom! They wanted to decorate it so bad.This is a close up of our poor tree...we had to shave off like three knots...but The tree fit and it is straight!! AND it is not just leaning up in the corner!!! yahoo! Now we have to hope the tree doesn't die in a few days due to torture...The quote of the night was "where did I leave that sharp knife laying around?"

Fun memories!

5 comments:

** said...

I can't believe it took so much effort to get the tree up! I hope Santa Clause does not forget to come to your house this year!

The Fish Family said...

He better not forget!!! after all that work he owes me double!

Leslie said...

We put ours up yesterday. Maybe you should get a fake one like ours? Although, I'm not sure it would save you any heartache. hehe. Josh broke the bottom and had to rig it up with a shoe lace. How white trash Christmas of us! Happy belated birthday!!!

ky said...

This was so funny! ha ha! I'm glad we didn't have so much drama with putting up our fake tree.

The Fish Family said...

fake trees are just not the same :) comming from Oregon I am a snob on this topic and have to have a real one...SO Kristen you are in Oregon with a fake tree??? It is so funny how much work it is to put those silly things up! I use to wonder why it would take my Dad so long to get the tree ready...now I know-It's a pain!

I have to come check out the shoe lace!